“Jasper – the grounding stone of good energy and joy”
Hi and welcome to Wicca Now. As you may already know, Wicca Now is a site where Amaria and I write about all things Witchcraft, Wicca and Magick. Lately, we’ve been covering a lot of crystal related topics, like this post on crystal witchcraft, this guide to crystal correspondences or this article on citrine. Today I thought we’d focus on another beautiful crystal, namely jasper.
Table of Contents
Jasper is a common stone that can be found in a variety of colours. A form of chalcedony, the stone has a long history of use. The ancient Greeks, Egyptians and Romans worked with jasper to fashion carvings, seal stones, jewellery and even mosaics. It is even said that the ancient Egyptian king, Nechepsus wore an amulet made of Jasper to help stimulate his digestive tract. The stone is generally multicoloured but can also be spotted or feature wavy bands. It can be found in almost all colours and ranges from opaque to translucent. Its lustre can range from dull to waxy.
Jasper Magickal Benefits and Meaning
Jasper is sometimes called the ‘supreme nurturer’ on account of its harmonizing and stabilising qualities. The stone provides support during times of stress and protection against negativity.
- Aids perseverance
- Provides stability during times of transition
- Helps when dealing with sexual issues
- Grounds energy
- Restrains dangerous desires
- Jasper carved into the shape of an arrowhead is thought to bring good luck
- Good for defensive magick
- Aids those wishing to keep a secret
- Brings determination to all pursuits
- Encourages honesty
- Reenergizes the body
- Stimulates the mind
In general Jasper is associated with the element of earth
It corresponds to the zodiac constellations of Pisces, Leo and Libra. Its astrological influences comes from Venus, Mercury and the fixed staö-r Arcturus. The goddesses Athena and Isis correspond to Jasper.
Magickal Tips for Jasper
- Place a large piece of brown Jasper into a room to absorb negative energy.
- Blue jasper connects you to the spiritual world. Work with the stone to sustain your spiritual goals during times of fasting.
- Carry a piece of red jasper in your pocket to help guard against negative energy and thoughts.
- Used in defensive magick, red jasper can be used to send negative energy back to the sender.
- Green jasper fosters fertility and growth. Wear a piece of jewellery made from green jasper if you are struggling with fertility issues or looking to ‘give birth’ to new aspects of yourself.
- Brown jasper is most strongly connected to the element of earth and aids those being confronted by environmental issues. It brings stability, strength and balance and wearing or carrying a piece of brown jasper would prove most beneficial to those faced with issues of this kind.
- Leopard skin jasper supports spiritual work and also aids those faced with tiring and mundane travels.
- If you are often distracted or feel like you are often ‘away with the fairies’ try carrying a piece of brown jasper in your pocket. Touch the stone to help ground your energy.
- Green jasper can be used to promote peaceful sleep. Place a piece near your pillow to experience its benefits.
Keen to discover some more crystals and their meanings and benefits? Check out my posts on the following crystals:
- Black onyx
- Tiger’s Eye
Lovelies, I hope this post has inspired you to give Jasper a try. As always, Blessed Be!
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for magickal inspo in your feed.