Tiger’s Eye – Confidence, clarity, power and protection.
Hi and welcome to Wicca Now. As you may already know, Wicca Now is a site where Amaria and I write about all things Witchcraft, Wicca and Magick. Lately, we’ve been covering a lot of crystal related topics, like this post on crystal witchcraft, this guide to crystal correspondences or this article on Amber. Today I thought we’d focus on another beautiful “crystal”, namely Tiger’s Eye.
About Tiger’s Eye
Tiger’s eye is thought to be an intergrowth of crocidolite and quartz. Overtime the crystal oxidises which causes it to become brown.
Tiger’s eye was a popular crystal in ancient Egypt and was often used to make scarab shaped amulets which were thought to offer the wearer protection. The idea that Tiger’s eye offered protective energies was also accepted by the Romans with Roman soldiers wearing the crystal as a protective talisman during battle. Tiger’s eye was also an important commodity in ancient China and the crystal was used to create prized decorative objects and jewellery
Tiger’s eye is generally multicoloured with its shades ranging from brown, reddish-brown or golden yellow. It typically has a striped or wavy pattern and a silky sheen. The gorgeous multifaceted beauty of Tiger’s eye makes it a particularity attractive crystal for displaying on your altar or bedside table don’t you think?
Tiger’s Eye Magickal Benefits and Meaning
Tiger’s eye is a crystal of power and is an essential crystal for any crystal witch. Tiger’s eye is thought to empower physic abilities and facilitate communication with animals, particularily cats!
- Supports learning and developing skills
- Aids divination
- Aids those seeking truth and wisdom
- Provides security and protection
- Helps us to avoid danger
- Fosters confidence
- Fosters strength
- Can aid in the recovery of that which is owed
- Boosts inspiration
- Aids the flow of creativity
- Useful for spells concerned with luck and success
- Provides a calming energy which can help to overcome fear
Tiger’s eye is associated with the zodiac constellations of Leo and Gemini. Its astrological influence comes from the sun. Tiger’s eye is associated with the deities Bast, Ra and Sekhmet.
Magickal Tips for Tiger’s Eye
- Feeling stuck in a project and unsure about how to proceed? Try placing a piece of Tiger’s eye onto your desk and allow the frequency of the crystal to inspire you
- Planning a spell for career or job success? Try incorporating some Tiger’s eye into your spellwork. The crystal is known to boost the energy of career and success magick.
- Feeling fearful or lacking courage? Carry a piece of tiger’s eye in your pocket and touch it whenever a feeling of fear appears. Allow the frequency of the crystal to soothe your fears and boost your courage.
- Tiger’s eye is thought to heighten the awareness of negative energy. Use it to help you intuitively avoid negative energies by wearing a piece of tiger’s eye jewellery or carrying an amulet in your pocket.
- When you wear a piece of Tigers eye jewellery, visualise a shield of shimmering golden brown protective energy surrounding you. Touch the crystal to activate the shield.
Keen to discover some more crystals and their meanings and benefits?
Check our posts on:
Lovelies, I hope this post has inspired you to give tiger’s eye a try. As always, Blessed
Don’t forget to follow us on instagram for witchy tips and inspo.