“Aquamarine crystal – The soothing water stone”
Hi and welcome to Wicca Now. As you may already know, Wicca Now is a site where Amaria and I write about all things Witchcraft, Wicca and Magick. Lately, we’ve been covering a lot of crystal related topics, like this post on crystal witchcraft, this guide to crystal correspondences or this article on fluorite. Today I thought we’d focus on another beautiful crystal, namely aquamarine.
Table of Contents
About Aquamarine Crystals
Aquamarine is a variety of beryl and takes its name from the Latin aqua marina meaning “water of the sea”. The crystal ranges in colour from translucent to opaque blue and aqua. The ancient Greeks believed the stone to be a mermaids treasure and often carried a piece of aquamarine with them as a talisman, believing that it would keep them safe at sea. The stone can be found in Brazil, Africa and the United States. During the middle ages, the stone was believed to counteract the effects of poison and was often used for medicinal purposes. In China, it was used to fashion figurines and small trinkets and in Turkey, aquamarine was often used to adorn the hilts of swords.
Meaning and Benefits
Aquamarine crystals are thought to provide protection for travellers and to enhance communication. The crystal is also one of tranquility and peacefulness and its calming energies can help sooth feelings of negativity, anger or fear.
- Crystal of purification
- Aids communication
- Powerful protection against negative influences
- Works well in banishing spells
- Aids the process of renewal and regeneration
- Helps to enhance feelings of love and happiness
- Supports healthy relationships
- Promotes creativity
- Aids those dealing with loss and grief
- Provides guidance to those seeking wisdom
- Aids mental clarity
- Promotes independance on all levels
- Stimulates phsychic abilities
Aquamarine crystals are associated with the element of water
Its zodica correspondences are Aquarius, Gemini, Libra, Pisces, Scorpio and Virgo. Its astrological influence comes from Neptune and the moon.
Aquamarine Crystal Tips
- The crystal is thought to have powerful detoxifying properties and can be placed on parts of the body that require calming energy. For example, if you are suffering from hayfever, try placing cool pieces of aquamarine onto your closed eyelids and imagine the energy of the crystal washing away any irritation.
- Carry a piece of aquamarine in your pocket to a first date. If you are feeling nervous or anxious touch the crystal and picture it sending a wave of beautiful aqua coloured water to gently wash away any negative thoughts. Allow the soothing energies of the crystal to calm and centre you.
- If you have been finding it difficult to express your truth, hold a piece of aquamarine in each hand and meditate on a feeling of clear and authentic communication. Allow the energy of the crystal to refresh and relax you, allowing you to become the highest version of yourself.
- Having issues with a hot-tempered family member? Place a piece of aquamarine crystal underneath their bed and allow the cooling and calming energy of the stone to diffuse reactive behaviours.
- Work with a mantra, for example, “I am gently certain of my personal power, and I express my truth with kindness“. Repeat the affirmation out loud or in your mind as you meditate (it is beneficial to hold a piece of aquamarine in each hand as you do this) and feel the energy of the crystal work with you to help you achieve an empowered state of being.
A Ritual to Call on the Power of the Sea
This is a wonderful ritual to do if you are feeling hot tempered, indecisive or anxious. It will help you to find your center and embue you with a calm sense of focus.
Your will need:
- A sea coloured candle.
- Things collected from the beach. This could be driftwood, shells, sand or other bits of floatsome.
- A pinch of sea salt
- An aquamarine crystal
Step 2 – Sprinkle the salt onto the aquamarine crystal and imagine the power of the ocean flowing into the stones.
Step 3 – Light the candle and gentle pick up the crystal. As you hold the crystal gaze at your altar and visualise a soothing wave of light or water wash over you. You might like to work with an incantation such as:
“Spirit of the Sea, Beautiful Ocean, bless these crystals with your motion. With your wisdom as my guide; may their energy rise as a tide”
Step 4 – Blow out the candle and wrap your crystal in a special cloth. Place the crystal somewhere meaningful, perhaps next to your bed or on you work desk. Whenever you are feeling overwhelmed, unwrap the crystal and feel again as its soothing waves of peaceful energy wash away any negative thoughts or feelings.
Keen to discover some more crystals and their meanings and benefits?
Check our posts on:
- Rose quartz
- Smoky quartz
- Black onyx
Lovelies, I hope this post has inspired you to give aquamarine crystals a try. As always, Blessed
Don’t forget to follow us on instagram for witchy tips and inspo.