“Fluorite, the stone of focus and decision making”
Hi and welcome to Wicca Now. As you may already know, Wicca Now is a site where Amaria and I write about all things Witchcraft, Wicca and Magick. Lately, we’ve been covering a lot of crystal related topics, like this post on crystal witchcraft, this guide to crystal correspondences or this article on turquoise. Today I thought we’d focus on another beautiful crystal, namely Fluorite.
Used since ancient times, fluorite takes its name from the Latin fluere, meaning “to flow”. Its colour can range from transparent to almost all shades of the colour spectrum and it has a vitreous lustre. Most types of fluorite exhibit strong fluorescence and some types will even glow in the dark when heated. Traditionally the mineral was used in both ancient China and Egypt to fashion a wide range of ornamental objects as well as industrially to process metals.
Meaning and Benefits
Flourite is a stone which helps us to focus, think analytically and strengthens willpower.
- Stimulates motivation
- Boosts the effects of other stone
- Helps to remove energy blocks
- Helps to fine-tune intuition
- Aids in emotional healing
- Aids with divination
- Supports dreamwork and astral travel
- Supports all forms of communication
- Aids self-dicipline
Fluorite is associated with the elements of water and earth
Its astrological influences come from Neptune and Mercury. Its zodiac correspondences are Aquarius, Gemini, Capricorn and Pisces.
- Carry a piece of fluorite in your pocket during exams or important meetings. The fluorite will aid your focus and ability to think clearly.
- Place a piece of fluorite on your desk to help you to stay motivated.
- Keep a piece of fluorite underneath your pillow or on your bedside table to aid you in lucid dreaming and astral travel.
Keen to discover some more crystals and their meanings and benefits?
Check our posts on:
- Rose quartz
- Smoky quartz
- Black onyx
Lovelies, I hope this post has inspired you to give turquoise crystals a try. As always, Blessed