“Celestine is a gentle uplifting crystal, thought to amplify psychic abilities”
Hi and welcome to Wicca Now. As you may already know, Wicca Now is a site where Amaria and I write about all things Witchcraft, Wicca and Magick. Lately, we’ve been covering a lot of crystal related topics, like this post on crystal witchcraft, this guide to crystal correspondences or this article on agate. Today I thought we’d focus on another beautiful crystal, namely celestine.
It’s Meaning and Benefits
Celestine derives its name from the Latin caelestis, meaning “celestial” or “heavenly.” – quite an appropriate name considering its crystals heavenly blue colour and shimmering multifaceted surface.
Celestine is actually widely used as an industrial mineral and makes up an important ingredient for fireworks due to the fact that it burns a vibrant tone of red.
The ancient Greeks used to grind celestine into a powder and worked with it as a pigment to colour paintings and ceramics. Due to its brittle structure, celestine is not commonly used for jewellery.
The crystal itself can range in colour from white through to translucent, greyish, greenish-blue, pale pink or reddish-white. The surface of the crystal generally has a pearly lustre.
Meaning and Correspondences
Celestine is associated with spiritual development and growth. Many crystal healers work with the stone to facilitate contact with the angelic realm and it is often used to raise the vibration of a home or mood. Many crystal witches like to have a piece of this gemstone closeby for spellcasting or ritual work.
- Brings a calming energy
- Helps to facilitate harmonious vibes
- Lifts the mood
- Helps to relieve anxiety
- Helps to relieve stress
- Fosters self-worth
- Fosters compassion
- Brings clarity
- An aid when developing skills for magick
- An aid when developing communication skills
- Heightens awareness for work in the astral realm
- Boosts motivation
- Provides stability
Celestine is associated with the element air
Its astrological influence comes from Neptune and Venus.
Spells Featuring Celestine
Journey Meditation Into the Spirit Realm
This is a beautiful meditation designed to bring you closer to the spirit realm. Another wonderful benefit of this meditation is that it trains your powers of imagination.
You will need:
- A piece of celestine
- A small drawsting bag
- Step 1 – Place the celestine into the drawstring bag and hold it in your hands. Close your eyes.
- Step 2 – Imagine that you are taking a comfortable walk. Perhaps you a following a comfortable path in the woods or wandering through a meadow of wildflowers. The walk is easy and enjoyable and you feel totally relaxed. Breath deeply and note whatever scents are around you. Enjoy the fresh clear air as it fills your lungs. As you walk, notice the energy of the places around you. Are there any objects, sounds or scents that catch your attention? Perhaps you will meet a spirit guide? Keep following the path and walk along it easily until you reach a beautiful temple located in a peaceful clearing. Spend as much time there as you like. There are comfortable places to sit and there are other guides here as well. What do they say to you? What do you say to them? When you are ready, walk back along the path you came and when you reach the place you started, stop and open your eyes.
- Step 3 – Write about your experience in your Book of Shadows. Repeat the meditation as often as you like.
Keen to discover some more crystals and their meanings and benefits?
Check our posts on:
Lovelies, I hope this post has inspired you to give agate crystals a try. As always, Blessed