“May crystals give you power!”
― Isabel Walbourne
Hi and welcome to Wicca Now. As you may already know, Wicca Now is a place where Amaria and I write about all things Witchcraft, Witchy and Magickal. Lately, we’ve been covering a lot of crystal related topics, like this post on crystal witchcraft, this guide to crystal correspondences or this article on how to make crystal infused water. Today I thought we’d focus on a specific crystal, namely Aventurine.
Aventurine Crystal – It’s Meaning and Benefits
Aventurine is actually a type of quartz crystal but what sets it apart is that it’s covered in tiny inclusions which create a glittering surface called aventurescence. Its aventurescent sheen is caused by inclusions of mica, hematite, or goethite flecks that often give it a speckled appearance. Aventurine is actually named after the famous aventurine glass of Italy which mimics the glittering appearance of the naturally occurring mineral.
Aventurine has been in use for millennia and the ancient Greeks described it as ‘having stars shining from within it’ and were prone to wear it as decorative jewellery. Archaeological finds have also discovered ancient axe heads made from aventurine.
The color of aventurine can vary between green, blue, golden brown or even reddish brown. The most common color for aventurine is green.
Meaning and Correspondences
Aventurine is sometimes called the ‘crystal of Venus’ on account of the purported benefits it brings in regards to all areas of love and fidelity. It is also thought to be a good luck charm and is sometimes named the ‘gamblers crystal’.
The benefits of aventurine include:
- Provides protection of all kinds. It makes an excellent jewellery choice if you are always rushing around or have accident-prone kids in your life
- Will help you to find solutions to ongoing problems. Keep a piece on your work desk to ensure you receive a flow of good ideas.
- Green aventurine is useful for attracting money and success
- Gentle growth.
- Boosts energy
- Lifts emotions
- Can be useful for those seeking clarity or initiating change
- Fosters a sense of well-being
- Sparks the imagination
- An aid for building friendships
- Meditate with aventurine to help you gain insights into your own personal happiness and to help you to find independence
- Use it in spells seeking justice or to remove something unwanted from your life.
Associated with the elements air and earth
Influence comes from Mercury, Venus and Uranus and the zodiac constellations of Aries, Virgo and Aquarius
Spells Featuring Aventurine
A Spell To Remove Envy
If you’ve been feeling envious or bitter about a person or situation lately why not try out this spell featuring the energy clearing properties of aventurine.
You will need:
- A piece of aventurine
- A cup or so of water
- Some fresh or dried basil
- A few grains of sugar
- A small jar or bottle
- Step 1. Cleanse and charge your crystal. You might like to start your spellwork with a short mediation after which you should set the intention of what exactly you would like the spell to achieve.
- Step. 2. Place the water into the saucepan and gently heat. Once the water is simmering add the sugar grains and the basil leaves. As the sugar dissolves in the water and the basil begins to release some of its etheric oils imagine your envy being released and sweetened.
- Step. 3. Once the sugar has dissolved completely remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Step. 4. Scoop a little of the cooled water mixture into a small jar or bottle. Take your crystal into one hand and as you hold it drop a few droplets of the basil and sugar water into it. As the water droplets cover the surface of your aventurine crystal imagine a beautiful wave of cleansing green light washing over you and removing all of your feelings of envy or bitterness.
- Step.5. Carry the aventurine crystal with you until you feel like the emotion of envy or bitterness has completely lifted from you. Thereafter cleanse your crystal, thank it for its guidance and store it in a safe place ready for use in your next spell
So lovelies, I hope this inspires you to give the magickal energy of aventurine a try yourself. Don’t forget to follow us on instagram for daily witchy and crystal related content. As always, Blessed Be!
Did you know we’ve created a magickal grimoire? These hand-illustrated pages are filled with our personal tips and trick along with some tried and tested spells and rituals. Check it out now!