Hi, my fellow magical lovers and welcome to WiccaNow. I’ve been enjoying sharing some of my favourite rituals, like this abundance drawing spell and this ritual for home protection along with my favourite anti-anxiety spell and a super helpful sleep spell. I’d like to share another ritual with you today. This ritual is extremely powerful when you’re feeling down about yourself and need a little bit of self-love and care. Today I want to share a ritual against heartbreak. This ritual will help you feel hope, renewed lust for life and a noticeable decrease in feelings of heartbreak.
We’ve all had a relationship that hasn’t worked out quite how we wanted it to. Heartbreak is, unfortunately, a part of life. While it hurts like a m*therf**ker, it also gives us deeper insights into what it is that we want or need.
Heartbreak doesn’t necessarily have to come in the form of romantic love. Heartbreak can happen to people in the most loving and supportive of romantic relationships. You might be heartbroken over a relationship with one of your parents or a family member. You can experience heartbreak from a friendship that has turned sour. Maybe you have a pet that passed away and you are struggling to cope. Luckily magic doesn’t discriminate and this spell will help you heal all forms of a broken heart.
Ritual to Heal a Broken Heart – General Advice
- All spellwork relies on having a strong intent and focus. While you may be in emotional turmoil and easily distracted, try your very best to really focus on the spell so that you give it the best chance of working. Remember that the magic to heal your broken heart is already in you, you just have to be able to access it and the best way to do this is to focus strongly on what you want.
- This spell will aid you in healing your broken heart, but you’ll also need to take physical steps to prevent further emotional distress. This isn’t a quick-fix, cure-all spell which will make everything better in a heartbeat. Let’s say that you are trying to fix a romantically broken heart. Completing this spell, and then checking the heartbreakers social media every 5 minutes isn’t the most effective way to heal your heartbreak.
- The best thing you can do is to acknowledge the hurt you feel and try and work with that hurt so that it stops being so powerful. Acknowledging that you feel horrible is already a wonderful step in the right direction to healing. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying you should wallow in self-pity. I want you to acknowledge your hurt while also acknowledging that it isn’t helping you move forward. This is the first step to healing.
- You’ll need some peace and quiet to do this spell. If you live with other people, let them know that you need some space before you begin. There is nothing worse than knocks on doors when you are concentrating. Same goes if you have pets. Does your dog need a walk? Is your cat scratching at the door because it’s hungry? Try and take care of the things that might distract you so that when you begin your ritual against heartbreak you really have time to take for yourself.
- This spell uses candle magic. If you are unfamiliar with this form of magic, check out this candle magic 101 so that you are familiar with the basics.
- Remember that, like with everything you want to be good at, spellwork takes practise. The more focused you can be, the higher your chances of success. I’ve had trouble staying focused in the past, so I started doing daily youtube meditations. I find they really help me and would recommend them if you are just beginning spellwork! Think of them as a training schedule for your brain.
- However bad you are feeling, remember that heartbreak happens to everyone and can be overcome! Self-love and care are really important. You need to look after your physical and mental health. Feed yourself good meals, try and have a good sleep schedule, reach out to friends or family. Snuggle your pet a little more often. Ask for help if you need it and remember this is always, always light at the end of the tunnel.
- If you are curious why we’re using the herbs listed below, check out these posts on herbs for self love, herbs for love and herbs for protection along with individual posts on cinnamon and rosemary.
- This ritual is about healing your broken heart. You are taking care of yourself when you perform this ritual. Remember the Rule of Three and the Wiccan Rede and don’t try to use this ritual to inflict harm on the person who hurt you, you’ll only be doing yourself a disservice.
Warning: Always practice fire safety when working with an open flame. Candles are one of the leading causes of house fires. Keep a fire extinguiser within reach and make sure not to wear billowing clothing. Always light your candles a safe distance away from anything flammable and out of reach of pets and children.
Ritual Against Heartbreak
Heal a Broken Heart Ritual Ingredients
- An egg
- Fresh or dried lemon balm
- A slice of fresh lemon
- A pink candle (substitute white if you can’t get a pink one)
- Cinnamon oil
- Rose oil
- Rosemary oil
How to Perform this Ritual against heartbreak
- Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed.
- Take the egg in your hand. I like to use my left hand, as the heart is slightly on the left.
- Take 5 deep, calming breaths.
- When you feel ready, start to think about the relationship you need to heal from. This may be painful, but you need to work through the pain in order to heal from it. Think about why the relationship ended and where things started to go wrong. Allow all your negative emotions to come to the surface. This is your moment to wallow. Give yourself permission to feel the range of emotions coursing through your body. Do you feel rage? Loneliness? Grief? Despair? Frustration? Helplessness? This is your moment to feel those emotions in their rawness. You are completely in this space with yourself and yourself only, so don’t feel any shame or fear about what you’re feeling. Don’t try and fight these feelings. Let them well to the surface and try and face them head-on. If you need to cry, do so. Let the tears run and thank them for releasing the pressure and weight of your sadness.
- While you are experiencing this storm of emotion, take the egg in your hand and roll it over your face gently. Imagine that this egg is picking up all the roiling emotions you are feeling and absorbing them. Project your feelings out of you and into the egg. Let the egg soak up your rage, fear, sadness, loneliness and grief. Think of the egg as an emotional sponge which is absorbing all of your unhappiness and drawing it out of your mind and body. Pour all your negative energy and emotion in the egg.
- When you are ready and feel that you have released as much negativity as possible, take the egg outside of your home and bury it as far away from you as possible. While you could dispose of the egg in a bin if you really have to, I prefer to bury the egg. Burying it means that the earth will absorb and neutralise the energy you have projected into the egg.
- After burying your egg, take yourself back home and use your lemon balm to make a tea. Add some honey to sweeten the tea and a slice of lemon.
- Take your candle and anoint it with the cinnamon, rose and rosemary oils.
- Light the candle and imagine that the light of the candle and the scent of the oils are flooding your room with protective, cleansing and loving energy.
- Carefully sip your tea, and repeat this chant:
“Magical herbs I call on your abilities, imbue me with your cleansing, protective, loving and healing powers. Candle, I ask you to transform my sadness, turn it to gentle loving calmness. I love my body. I love my mind. I love my spirit. I love my self. So Mote it Be.”
- Focus on the candle flame and imagine the room filling with peacefulness and calm. Remind yourself that you are worthwhile, that you are interesting and that you are powerful. You are not defined by your sadness.
- While focusing on the flame, imagine yourself leading the life that you want. Filled with loving kindness and a happy heart. Strongly visualise your heart healing, and being filled with self-love and understanding.
- Focus on the feelings of calmness and care that you have provided yourself with for as long as you like. When you are ready, finish your tea and allow the candle to burn out completely. If you don’t have time for this, no worries. Snuff the candle out and follow the next step.
- Take any remnants of the candle and remove them from your home. If you haven’t used the whole candle, remove it anyway. Candles soak up the energy of what they were last used for, so you want to use a new candle for each spell you cast.
- Repeat this ritual whenever you are feeling down and need some healing help.
So, my fellow heart-break club members, I hope this ritual helps you heal from your heartbreak. Always remember that you are loved and lifted by the divine spirits and that they’ve always got your back.
Until next time,