Hi, my loves and welcome to WiccaNow. I’ve been sharing some of my favourite spells recently, including this abundance drawing spell, this home protection spell and a wonderful ritual to help heal a broken heart. I want to continue down that path today and share a spell that I find really helpful, namely, an anxiety spell. Or rather, an anxiety banishing spell.
I don’t know about you, but I certainly struggle with anxiety. I’m guessing that if you landed on this post maybe you do to? Anxiety can be crippling. It can make you doubt every decision and conversation you had over the course of the day. It can cause you physical symptoms like increased blood pressure, sweating and dizziness. It can make you avoid situations that you want to be in for fear of them going wrong. I think we can all agree that no part of anxiety is pleasant and I applaud you for taking steps to improve your mental health!
Everyone tends to get anxious sometimes. Fear and nervousness are a part of life, without which we might not be forced to confront ourselves occasionally. In saying that, there is only so much nervous energy one can take before one starts to feel negatively affected. This anxiety spell should help to ease the feelings of anxiousness and fear. Use it whenever you need it.
If you suffer from crippling anxiety, please don’t use this spell in place of an informed medical opinion. It’s meant to be an aid in lessening the impact of your anxiety, and shouldn’t replace medical advice that you’ve been given. I am not a doctor and don’t claim to be, I’m sharing this spell because it helps me with my anxiety. However, what works for me might not work for you so I urge you to seek help if you feel like you aren’t coping. Always remember that asking for help is a strength and not a sign of weakness.
General Advice for Spellwork
If you’ve cast spells before feel free to skip ahead to the next section, although a little refresher is never bad! If you want to learn a little more, check out this spell-casting 101 and this guide to manifesting.
- Spellwork relies on strong focus. The more you can focus on the outcome that you want, the more likely it is that your spell will work. Try and maintain your focus for as long as you can, and really imagine the feeling you would have when the spell is a success. In this case, think about how great you will feel when your anxiety has eased and you no longer feel fear. Capture that feeling in your mind and set your intention to that being the outcome of your spell. The stronger the focus and intent, the more likely it is that your spell will manifest in the way that you want it to.
- If your concentration slips, don’t beat yourself up about it! Like with anything, being able to focus for any amount of time takes practice. We’re all human and in my opinion, all easily distracted! If your focus does switch to something else, just gently try to move your mind back to your spell and continue as if nothing happened. I find meditating really helps with my concentration. There are some great resources on youtube about meditation. Maybe try doing a guided meditation in the mornings or evenings if you feel like your ability to focus isn’t what it could be.
- Choose a quiet area to cast your spell. If you have nosy/noisy housemates or a needy cat ( I feel you, the struggle is delightfully real), try and find a space where you can be uninterrupted for a while. If this means locking yourself in the bathroom under the pretence of having a bath, go for it!
- Try and be positive about the outcome of the spell. You might be feeling miserable right now, but the whole point of the spell is to try to banish those feelings of anxiety and replace them with positive calmness. The more you believe that this will happen, the more likely it is that it will.
- This spell doesn’t require a particular time of day or moon phase to be completed. You can cast it whenever you feel like you need it.
- This spell uses candle magic. If you haven’t worked with candles before, have a quick read over our candle magic 101 in order to familiarise yourself with the process.
A friendly word of warning: Always practice fire safety when working with an open flame. Candles are one of the leading causes of house fires. Keep a fire extinguisher within reach and make sure not to wear billowing clothing. Always light your candles a safe distance away from anything flammable and out of reach of pets and children.
My Powerful Anxiety Spell
Anxiety Spell Ingredients
- A black candle – you need to let this candle burn down to nothing in this spell. Choose a candle that has an appropriate burn time. If you are in a hurry, choose a smaller candle with less burn time.
- Banishing oil – see our post if you want to make your own banishing oil.
- A fire-proof bowl
- A small ritual knife or pin. I’ve been using a pin to carve my candles with recently. I was using a ritual knife but changed because I find the pin easier to work with.
How to Cast My Powerful Anxiety Spell
- Find a space where you will be undisturbed. Gather all your ingredients in front of you.
- Take your black candle and use your pin to carve any words relating to your anxiety onto the candle. For example anxiety, fear, stress, anger, nervousness, angst, apprehension, doubt, concern, dread, uncertainty and distress. Use whatever word you want or just stick with the word anxiety to cover the whole topic if you find that easier. Carve the words or word as many times as you like. You can cover the whole candle if you like but you can also just write one word.
- Anoint your candle with your banishing oil. A few drops are enough, but use more if you want to. You can spread the oil onto the candle if you want, but be aware that there is chilli and pepper in the oil and it may irritate your hands.
- Holding your candle, close your eyes and take 5 deep, long breaths. Try and find a small calm spot in the sea of your anxiety and anchor yourself there.
- With your eyes still closed, direct all of your feelings of anxiety into the candle. Imagine it like a sponge, soaking up all the negative energy in your body. Think about the words you carved into you candle and focus on how it would feel if those feelings disappeared. Let your candle absorb the negative feelings that cause your anxiety and imagine them being gently released from your body and mind and moving into the candle. Does your anxiety make you feel sad or lonely? Does it make you feel like you aren’t good enough? Does it tell you that you do things wrong? Whatever anxiety means to you, now is the time to reflect on why those feelings exist and why they impact you in a negative way. Channel everything you feel into the candle and feel a lightness in your own body as those feelings release you from their grip.
- Open your eyes.
- Take your candle and place it in the fire-proof bowl. If you are using a taper, melt the bottom of the candle a little so that it sticks to the bottom of the bowl. We don’t want any candles falling over here!
- Light your candle
- Look into the flame and imagine it transforming all the anxiety you just channelled into the candle into positive energy. Watch the flame as it consumes the wax and imagine that the flame is the power within you. This power provides you with light, warmth and comfort while warding off negativity, anxiety and darkness.
- While still watching the flame, say:
“ Magical candle I call on your power, I ask that you banish my anxiety. Transform my apprehension and doubt into positive energy and healing power. Banishing oil I call on your magic, help me keep my anxiety at bay. Protect me and calm me and bring me peace. So Mote it Be.”
- Make sure your candle is in a safe place and allow it to burn down until it goes out on its own. If you don’t have time to let it burn out, let it burn as long as you can and then use a candle snuffer to put out the flame. Don’t use this candle again in another spell.
- Take any remnants of wax from the candle and bury or dispose of them away from your home.
- Repeat this ritual as often as you need it.
So my fellow anxiety-feeling loves, I hope this helps you! It certainly helps me when I’m heading into a tailspin of doubt and stress.
Until next time,
Shop My Favourite Anxiety Spell Ingredients
Disclaimer: We recommend products we love and use ourselves, but please note that if you purchase any of these products, Amazon may pay us a small commission.