Hi, my loves and welcome to WiccaNow. Recently I’ve been talking quite a bit about witchy supplies and ingredients including this post on altar decorations, one about witch wands, a post on mirror magick, this one on the 13 basic witch supplies and most recently a post on common ingredients for love spells. While writing the last post, I mentioned a few times that it’s absolutely possible to cast a spell with nothing other than your own intentions so today I want to share a couple of beautiful and simple love spells without ingredients.
How Casting Love Spells Without Ingredients Works
When casting spells, any ingredients you use are a way of increasing the power of your spell but they’re also a way of focusing your own intentions. Having a set of ingredients or steps to focus on makes spellcasting more tangible and helps people (I mean myself here lol) set their focus and intention more strongly. Any spell done with ingredients could theoretically be just as effective without any ingredients as long as you know how to manifest your desires and are strong enough in your intentions.
If you think about it, you’ve probably already tried some ingredient-less spells. Who hasn’t blown out a birthday candle and made a wish? This is one of the most simple forms of magick out there; you close your eyes and focus on what it is that you want before blowing out a candle. While there is technically one ingredient here, namely the candle, this would work just as well without the candle. It’s all about thinking about what you really, really want, focusing on it strongly and manifesting that wish into existence.
As a kid, I used to believe so strongly that whatever I wished for would appear (within reason obviously) and normally the simpler wishes ended up becoming reality. As I got older, my natural scepticism crept in and my child-like trust in the universe was eroded somewhat. If I had the same trust and belief now as I did back then I’d be one happy witch! Don’t worry, like everyone, I’m working on it and doing so consciously rather than naively is incredibly rewarding.
Now, have I made casting spells without ingredients seem intimidating? I hope not! Casting love spells without ingredients can actually be much easier than casting spells with ingredients. When you don’t have to focus on a list of ingredients and tools, you leave much more space to focus on your intention instead. You don’t have to worry about having everything in one spot, you don’t have to worry about forgotten ingredients, you don’t have to worry about the order you place/mix/stir things and you definitely don’t have to worry about accidentally setting something on fire by knocking over a candle.
Shop our hand-crafted Secret Grimoire
My 2 Favourite Love Spells without Ingredients
Notes on Casting Love Spells without Ingredients
- So, when casting love spells without ingredients, what are the main points that you have to watch out for? The best piece of advice I can offer here is to really try to be incredibly mindful of what it is that you actually want. It’s so easy to get lost in one’s head and have 100 ideas floating around all at once. Pick one thing and one thing only to focus on with each spell that you cast. If you want a lover, think only about that. Don’t think about how that lover might end up being “the One” and how you might end up with kids and a dog and a house and a car. If that’s going happen it will, however, spiralling down a rabbit hole of imaginary scenarios definitely isn’t going to help your spell! Be as clear and precise as possible.
- I know I said that these are love spells without ingredients, which they are, but in the interest of being as clear with yourself as you can it may be a good idea to sit down with a pen and paper and write down what you would like to achieve with your spell. Spend 5 minutes solidifying what you’re planning to ask for in your spell so that it doesn’t come out as a jumbled set of thoughts with no clear goal. You can also do this without the pen and paper, I just like doing it this way.
- If you want to, write your concise ideas onto a piece of paper and use it as a petition at the end of both of these love spells without ingredients. Use a lighter and burn the paper with your desires on it at the end of the spell to send the petition out into the world along with your intention.
- While it’s not necessary, I often like to sit down for 10 or 15 minutes to meditate before I begin spellcasting. It’s a wonderful way to calm your mind and often brings me clarity on a situation.
- As always, it’s best to cast spells with as few distractions as possible. This means that if you have a dog that needs a walk, a child that needs lunch, a housemate in the middle of a party or a needy cat that wants attention, you should try to appease any or all of those needs before you start your spellwork.
- Consider working with the moon phases when casting love spells without ingredients. The energy of the full moon is particularly powerful for all spellwork and the new moon is wonderful if you are looking for fresh and new beginnings. If you are doing either of these spells during a full moon, try and sit by a window where the moonlight hits you so that you are charging yourself and your spell with the moon’s power.
- If you are wondering if your love spell is working, check out this post on how long it takes a love spell to work.
- If you’re interested in trying out some other love spells WITH ingredients, check out these posts on love spells that work, this one on the do’s and don’t of love spell casting, a honey jar spell for love and this easy love spell.
- Please note that the 2nd spell here, for attracting a specific person, is intended for someone who isn’t already attached. Trying to use this spell to break up an already existing relationship isn’t advised because it never works out well in my opinion.
- Neither of the love spells below are intended to coerce someone into loving you. They are simply about putting your desires out into the universe as strongly as you can so that your wants can manifest themselves into the love that you deserve.
Love Spells without Ingredients #1 Attract a New Love
- Close your eyes.
- Take 5 deep breaths.
- With your eyes still closed, try to empty out your mind completely. Try to blend out the random thoughts that pop up about what you’re eating for dinner and whether you need to go shopping tomorrow or not. (This is difficult, I struggle with this all the time thanks to an overactive imagination and some anxiety.)
- When your mind is as clear as you can get it, imagine how having a new love would make you feel. Think about the butterflies you get in your stomach, the intoxicating excitement of those first few heady meetings, the first kiss you might share and the joy of feeling loved. Imagine how it would feel to be wrapped up in this person’s arms and how safe and secure you would feel. Try not to think about how the person might look and instead focus on slipping into the feelings you want when you are with them as this is the important part.
- When you are deeply immersed in these feelings of love and with your eyes still closed say
“Lover, come into my life. Lover, let me adore you. Lover, share with me the beauty of life. Lover, now I call you”
- Repeat this chant 3 times (3 is a power number), while beaming the feelings you want to experience out into the world.
- After the 3rd chant, end the spell by slowly opening your eyes.
- Repeat this spell as often as you like until what you desire has manifested itself.
Love Spells without Ingredients #2 Attract a Specific Person
- Sit down somewhere comfortable.
- Close your eyes and take 5 deep, calming breaths.
- Try to clear your mind completely.
- Imagine the person that you want to attract super clearly. You know them, so be specific. Make a crystal clear image in your mind about how this person looks. Imagine them in a specific scenario where you can picture them clearly. This could be something as simple as them standing in the sun. Think about how their hair glints in the light, the way they scrunch up their eyes (and maybe at the same time their nose) when the light catches them in an annoying way, picture the way their mouth moves when they talk and whether they talk with their hands or not. You want to build a very personal and specific picture of the person you want to attract in your minds-eye.
- When you feel like you are right there next to the person, imagine how you would feel when you are with them. Imagine that they return your feelings and that you are in an equal partnership with them where you share a wonderful and loving connection. In your imagination, reach out, hold their hand and pull them towards you. Imagine exactly how it would feel to have their hand in yours and what it would feel like to pull them towards you.
- Imagine them standing right in front of you, holding both of your hands.
- Looking deeply into their eyes say:
“My darling (their name) I want you to be with me; I want to feel your hands in mine. (Their name) feel the flow of my love for you and return it equally. (Their name) come and join me, share my beautiful journey so we can grow and learn together. So Mote it Be.”
- In your head, imagine the person that you want to attract gently releasing your hands.
- Clap your hands together once and send the vision of the specific person back out into the universe so that their physical form can come to you.
- Open your eyes gently to end the spell.
- Repeat as often as you want to or until that specific person reaches out to you. Each time you repeat this spell you can imagine the person in a different situation so that you build an ever clearer version of them in your mind to bring more power to your spell.
So my loves, I hope that this helps you cast a love spell when you don’t have any ingredients! These two spells and chants can be modified so that you feel comfortable with the wording or the visualization. Always remember that love should be equal, and that you are a BOSS BITCH WITCH who deserves to be loved and to love unreservedly and completely. Don’t settle for anything less.
Until next time my magickal warriors.
Shop Our Grimoire
After lots of questions and requests, Amythest and I have created this gorgeous grimoire just for you! Its 17 pages contain an eclectic range of magickal knowledge from cleansing crystals to love spells. We’ve also included a notebook for you to record your magickal journey in. What’s not to love? Click here to check out our store.