Hi, my loves and welcome to WiccaNow. Recently I’ve been posting on all sorts of different topics, like this post on witch wands, this one on the difference between Wicca and witchcraft, a post about common altar decorations and my botanical witchipedia. I’m going to keep jumping all over the place (because variety is the spice of life right?) and share my favourite full moon money spell with you today, because we could always do with a little help in the prosperity department right?
The moon phases all bring strong energies with them, but none so much as the full moon. This is the time of the month when you can cast particularly potent spells by harnessing the moon when it’s at the peak of its power.
Money may seem like a difficult thing to ask for with magick, but like everything, the flow of money through the world is just a flow of energy. In order to access this flow of prosperous energy, you need to be able to put yourself in a situation where you can easily dip your toes in.
Think about it like this, money is like a river that flows through the centre of everything. Some people say that it’s the root of all evil but unfortunately we seem to centre our entire society on it. Those who are closer to the river have easier access to it purely by luck of their position and those who are nowhere near it usually don’t have much of a chance. In order to get to the river, you need an access point. Consider magick and your mindset as a tool to accessing this river.
By opening yourself up to the power of the universe, you’re accepting that there are forces greater than just you at work, and allowing yourself to be swept up and carried along by this energy rather than trying to swim against it.
For me, money works along the same lines. Don’t get me wrong, I work my ass off, but the harder I try and hold onto money the faster it seems to slip out of my grasp. The times I have the most success are when I accept that I can’t control everything and stop worrying about everything quite as much.
I’m not saying go out and spend every last cent you have on that perfect pair of shoes you saw the other day, but I do think that if you’re generous where it counts, money starts flowing your way in return. Next time you’re at a restaurant, try tipping the server a little more than you usually would and don’t resent it. If you’re already eating out, you can afford to give the person doing a hard job a dollar or two extra. This generosity of spirit is often recognized by the universe and will come back threefold (often in unexpected ways).
Now, another way of accessing the money flow, is by doing a little money magick. In this case, a full moon money spell! The more you believe that this spell will work, the more likely it is to be successful. Like I said, swim with the current not across or against it. So without further ado, let’s get into it!
A Few Notes For My Full Moon Money Spell
- If you haven’t cast a spell before, consider reading over our do’s and don’ts for spell-casting before you start in order so that you give yourself the best possible start to your own spellcasting.
- It’s really important to be specific when you cast a spell, particularly with this full moon money spell. The vaguer you are the more likely you are to have an unexpected result. I was reading about someone online the other day who cast a money spell and was specific about the amount of money he wanted. He said he really needed $10,000 to appear in his life. The next day he was walking in the park and you’d never believe it but he found exactly that. It just happened to be a massive shame that he didn’t specify what currency he needed and he found monopoly money rather than actual money. BE SPECIFIC!
- While you can complete this spell during other moon cycles, it’s called a full moon money spell for a reason and it would be much more powerful if you could wait until the full moon to complete it. If you want a money spell that you can cast at any time, check out this abundance spell which always works super well for me.
- If it’s an overcast night, don’t worry! The energy of the full moon is still there and you are still able to harness it even if you can’t see it directly. In this case, find where the moon is under the cloud cover, there are some amazing astronomy apps for this, and work from a window where you know the moon would shine if you could see it.
- Remember spell work doesn’t always work in the way you expect it to. Be open to having things appear in a different form to what you originally expected. If the spell doesn’t seem to be working, your intention might not have been strong enough or something else might have affected the flow of energy. Simple try again with the next full moon.
My Full Moon Money Spell
This spell is most effective if you can see the moonlight from a window, or better yet actually be out in the moonlight. I know this is difficult for some, I live in an apartment myself and don’t have a balcony or garden. I open the window that has the best view of the moon and complete this spell there (yes, even in winter).
While mirrors may seem like a scary thing to work with, don’t let superstition get to you! Mirrors can be charged with particular energies and also work as energy amplifiers, meaning that they’ll help to make your spell even more powerful. They aren’t malevolent in any way and won’t give you bad luck if broken.
If you want to use ground cinnamon for this spell you can. Just make a circle with ground cinnamon instead of the cinnamon oil and be aware that this method is much messier because unless it’s a super calm night the cinnamon will blow away.
Full Moon Money Spell Ingredients
- 3 coins, preferably gold coins but in a pinch other coins will work too.
- A small mirror, round if you can find it. Read more about mirror magick here if you’re interested in why I use a mirror here.
- A permanent marker
- Cinnamon oil (or another money herb if you prefer)
- A green pouch big enough to hold your mirror and coins
Full Moon Money Spell Method
- Gather all your ingredients together and find a spot with the best view of the moon to work from.
- Close your eyes and take 5 calming, deep breaths then open your eyes again.
- In the open air (like I said, even in winter!) lay your mirror onto a surface where the moonlight hits it.
- Take your marker and draw a prosperity symbol onto the centre of your mirror.
- Drip some cinnamon oil onto your finger and draw a circle around your prosperity symbol. Don’t add too much, just enough to make a clear circle.
- Evenly place your 3 coins onto the circle of cinnamon oil around the prosperity symbol.
- While the moon charges your ingredients with powerful magickal energy, close your eyes again.
- Focus on what you want. Be as specific as you can. Think about how you would feel if you got what you wanted and fall into that feeling. Try to feel as if the money you need has already come to you. Sink as far into that feeling as you can.
- When you’ve fully immersed yourself into the feeling, imagine it like a bright light and beam that light into your mirror. Focus on channelling everything you want into the mirror and feel the release of energy leaving you and entering the mirror.
- Open your eyes, and looking onto your spell ingredients chant:
“I ask to harness the power of the full moon, let its strength imbue my mirror with power. Cinnamon amplify and bring me abundance, coins multiply and flow like a river into my life. So Mote it Be.”
- Take your coins and drop them into the green pouch, one by one.
- Gently place your mirror on top of the coins and close the pouch.
- Keep the pouch somewhere safe until your wants have manifested themselves.
- Repeat on the next full moon if necessary. You can use the same mirror and abundance symbol but make sure to remark the circle on the mirror with new cinnamon oil.
So my darling, I hope this full moon money spell helps you to find an access point into the river of money flowing all around us. I’m sending you success and abundance vibes.
Until next time,